PHP based Madirish Webmail Released
30 November -0001Madirish Webmail is a PHP, IMAP, and MySQL powered, web based mail user agent. Madirish Webmail provides a basic email client that sits on an POP3 server and allows for the standard view, reply, forward, delete functionality of emails. Email attachments are also supported. In addition to basic email functions, Madirish Webmail contains an Address Book and Calendar, both of which allow for records to be shared between authenticated users on a system. Multi-day and recurrant events can be scheduled on the Calendar as well. The download also includes and installer that will create all the necessary tables in the MySQL database to allow for easy set-up.
To install simply download the zip file, unzip it in your web directory, and navigate to yoursite.com/Madirish_Webmail/webmail_setup.php and follow the instructions. Once the tool is deployed, delete the webmail_setup.php and webmail_setupScr.php files to prevent other users from altering the configuration.
Log in authenticates against valid POP3 users. Simply log in to begin working.
Some features of Madirish Webmail include:
- Auto refreshing of the inbox page every few minutes to check for new mail, including a pop-up alert that new mail has arrived
- Full email header viewing
- Email is displayed in plain text to avoid web bugs and other privacy invasions, but the HTML can be viewed as well.
- Blacklist request button that forwards the headers of an email to the system administrator.
- Login failure notifications delivered to the system adiminstrator.
- Shared calendar events for collaborative scheduling.
- Shared Address Book entries for collaborative contact list management.
- Both Address Book and Calendar have and export feature to download content in .csv format for import into many desktop email clients
This project is currently hosted at SourceForge.net at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/madirishwebmail/.
The Legal Mumbo Jumbo: ---------------------------------
Copyright (c) 2004 Madirish. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
"This product includes software developed by the Madirish (http://www.Madirish.net/)."
Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself, if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
4. The name "Madirish" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written permission. For written permission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL JUSTIN KEANE OR HIS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.