30 November -0001
Computer Security Hit List
- carnalOwnage - great blog from an awesome security researcher
- Hack in the Box - awesome security news outlet and conference organizer. HITB and MadIrish go way back :).
- milw0rm - Track the latest exploits and black hat tools
- Packet Storm Security - breaking news and tools from the security underground.
- Phrack - the original hacker 'zine (if you don't know, don't ask, it'll prove you're a n3wb (or at least young)).
- Security Aegis - Jason Haddix's site is definitely worth following.
Computer Security Blogs
- CERIAS weblog - Purdue University Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance blog.
- GNU Citizen - Great blog about a number of interesting security topics.
- Martin McKeay's Network Security Blog - Great write ups on interesting news and information concerning network security.
- SecuriTeam Blog
- Tao Security - Richard Bejtlich's blog
Computer Security Podcasts
Other Computer Security Sites
- Atrition.org - want to prove you're l337? Know Attrition
- Internet Storm Center - Read about breaking news and trends in computer security.
- Dark Reading - IT Security news.
- Ethical Hacker Network
- SecuMania - an interesting collection of security tidbits.
- Security Focus - Security Focus is an industry standard news outlet that covers a lot of main stream security media.
- Security Tracker - keep track of emerging threats
- Shell Storm
- Linux.com - One of the flashier linux news and fan sites.
- Linux Today - Linux Today is a linux news clearinghouse
- Mad Penguin - Linux news and information
- Arbor Networks - good blog covering developments in virus and other malware technology.
- The SpywareGuide Greynets Blog - Includes fascinating insight about malware, especially with respect to social networks.
- Exploit Prevention - This is the blog of Roger Thompson and includes information about exploits, malware and other computer security news.
- F-Secure - this blog includes some of the best coverage of new malware and trends.
- McAffee Avert Labs Blog - this blog includes a lot of breaking news about new malware and threat vectors.
- Milw0rm - Milw0rm includes listings of breaking exploits and tools as well as listings of emerging security whitepapers, a must-read.
- Offensive Computing - Great malware research site
- Panda Labs - produces some great information about malware trends and developments.
- Planete Project - clearing house for papers and research related to botnets and malware
- Websense Blog - includes news and information about breaking malware trends.
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP's Security and Privacy Blog - this blog provides security and privacy insight from a legal perspective. Great for keeping up on what's happening in the world of information security in the legal arena
- EFF - The Electronic Freedom Foundation is one of the most important voices in protecting privacy rights in America today.